Terms of Service
All funeral directors are required by law to display our local crematorium headline prices, our ownership details, disclose our interests and provide our terms of service:
Crematorium Price information
Direct cremation £500
9am service time £635
Other times Mon-Fri £835
Additional charges for weekend services
Disclosure of interests.
G E O’Driscoll & Daughters Independent Family funeral Directors is wholly owned by Mrs Gemma Elizabeth O’Driscoll
G E O’Driscoll & Daughters Independent Family Funeral Directors does not have any business or material financial interest in price comparison websites that compare Funeral Director Service and/or Crematoria Services and their respective prices.
G E O’Driscoll & Daughters Independent Family funeral Directors has not made any charitable donations to third parties connected to the funeral sector in the last 12 months.
Terms of Business for G E O’Driscoll and Daughters Independent Family Funeral Directors
We are a member of The Society of Allied & Independent Funeral Directors (the “SAIF)” a private limited company by guarantee with registered number 02436831, having its registered address at SAIF Business Centre, 3 Bullfields, Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, CM21 9DB, and subscribe to its current Code of Practice, a copy of which is available upon request. We aim to act in a professional manner and provide a courteous, sensitive, and dignified service to you.
Your continuing instructions in terms of services will amount to your continuing acceptance of these terms and conditions (the “Terms”), and you acknowledge you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms.
- Estimates and Expenses
- 1.1 The estimate is an indication of the charges likely to be incurred on the basis of the information and details we know at the date of estimate. While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the estimate, the charges are liable to alteration particularly where third parties change their rates or charges.
- 1.2 We may not know the amount of third party charges in advance of the funeral, however we will give you a best estimate of such charges on the written estimate. The actual amount of the charges will be detailed and shown in the final account.
- 1.3 If you amend your instructions, we will require your written confirmation of the changes. We may need to make an extra charge in accordance with prices published in our current price list.
- 1.4 On occasion we may also charge you an administration fee. For example, we will charge you an administration fee where we receive a cheque from you which is subsequently not honoured or if we write to remind you that an account is overdue. If we instruct debt collection agents, we may also recover from you the fees we incur. Further details regarding these fees are available on request.
- Payment Arrangements
2.1 We require a non-refundable deposit to be paid which is the total amount of third-party costs following the arrangements. We kindly request that this payment is made 3 working days prior to the funeral to allow arrangements to proceed.
2.2 The final balance is due for payment within 14 days of our account, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing. The final account is sent to you one week after the funeral.
2.3 The Simple Funeral, No service, Direct Cremation, Direct Burial and Unattended funeral options must be paid in full at least 3 working days before the funeral.
2.4 If you fail to pay us in full on the due date we may charge you interest;
2.4.1 at a rate of 3% a month above our Bank’s base rate from time to time in force;
2.4.2 calculated (on a daily basis) from the date of our account until payment;
2.4.3 compounded on the first day of each month; and
2.4.4 before and after any judgment (unless a court orders otherwise).
2.5 We may recover (under clause 3) the cost of taking legal action to make you pay.
3.1 You are to indemnify us in full and hold us, our employees and agents harmless from all expenses and liabilities we may incur (directly or indirectly including financing costs and including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) following any breach by you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
This means that you are liable to us for losses we incur because you do not comply with these terms, for example we will charge you an administration fee where we receive a cheque from you which is subsequently not honoured or if we write to remind you that an account is overdue. If we instruct debt collection agents we may also recover the fees we incur from you. Further details regarding these fees are available on request. We may claim those losses from you at any time and if we have to take legal action we will ask the court to make you pay our legal costs.
- Data Protection
4.1 Words shown in italics are defined in the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (“the Regulations”).
4.2 We respect the confidential nature of the information given to us, and where you provide us with personal data (“data”) we will ensure that the data will be held securely, in confidence and processed for the purpose of carrying out our services unless you give us your express permission for use in our marketing.
4.3 In order to provide our services we may need to pass such data to third parties and those third parties, who are performing some of the services for you, may contact you directly. We will not pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes whatsoever.
4.4 Under the Regulations you have the right to know what data we hold on you and you can, by applying to us to in writing and paying a fee, receive copies of that data. When you sign the acceptance you are giving us permission to keep your details on record.
- Cooling-Off Period
5.1 The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 may give you the right to terminate this agreement in the cooling-off period of fourteen days. If you wish the performance of the agreement to which this right applies to commence before the end of the cooling-off period, you must sign the authority in the form which will be handed to you.
5.2 In the event that you exercise the right to cancel this contract during the cooling-off period, you will be required to pay a reasonable amount for goods and services already supplied/provided for.
- by us if you fail to honour your obligations under these Terms; and
- by you communicating to us in writing, whether this be by text, email or post that you are terminating your instructions and engagement of the services.
- The services may be terminated before the services are delivered:
- You must tell the person named below, in writing as soon as practicable of any termination.
- If we or you terminate the services you may, depending on the reasons for termination, at our discretion be asked to pay a reasonable sum based upon the services carried out up to the time of termination. Such amount will be advised to you in writing.
- The Society of Allied & Independent Funeral Directors (SAIF) Code of Practice requires that we provide a high-quality service in all aspects. If you have any questions or concerns about the service we provide to you, please raise them in the first instance with our designated senior person. If that does not resolve the problem to your satisfaction SAIF provides a dispute resolution service, as an alternative to legal action.
- You can contact SAIF by completing their complaints form which is available by contacting them on 0345 230 6777 or email to email@example.com.
- Although we endeavour to provide a prompt and efficient service for you, there may be instances where, because of circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to fulfil our obligations to you on the date or time specified. Therefore, we endeavour to meet all dates and times provided on the estimate however these cannot be guaranteed. Where it is known and arrangement will not be met, we will attempt to contact you in advance, using the details overleaf, and advise you of alternative arrangements.
- We cannot be responsible for the performance of any third parties which may include, but not specifically limited to, Crematoria, Councils, Grave Diggers, Ministers, Civil Celebrants, Florists, Printers, Vehicle Hire, Newspapers, Hospitals, Doctors, Coroner, Registrar, International Repatriation Service Providers, etc.
8.1 Your continuing instructions will amount to your continuing acceptance of these Terms of Business.
8.2 Your instructions will not create any right enforceable by virtue of the [Contracts Rights of Third Parties Act 1999 by any person not identified as our client.
8.3 If any of these terms are unenforceable as drafted:
8.3.1 it will not affect the enforceability of any other of these Terms; and
8.3.2 if it would be enforceable if amended, it will be treated as so amended. Nothing in these terms restricts or limits our liability for death or personal injury.
- The parties agree that these Terms along with estimates and services accounts constitutes the entire agreement between them and supersedes all previous agreements, understandings and arrangements between them, whether in writing or oral in respect of its subject matter
- Notwithstanding anything else contained in these Terms, neither party shall be liable for any delay in performing, or non-performance of, its obligations hereunder if such delay or non-performance is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the party so delaying or non-performing, including but not limited to strikes, lock outs, labour disputes, acts of God, war, riot civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or government order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, disease, epidemic, pandemic, fire, flood, storm or adverse weather conditions.
- Our liability is excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law including any implied terms.
- No variation of these Terms shall be valid or effective unless it is in writing (including email), refers to these Terms and is duly signed or executed by, or on behalf of SAIF.
- This agreement is subject to Wales law. If you decide to commence legal action, you may do so, in any appropriate Welsh court.
- Additional legal requirements
9.1 Any inappropriate items found in a coffin during our final closing down procedure will be discreetly disposed of.
- Any unclaimed items of clothing/effects will be discreetly disposed of after 7 days of date of death unless otherwise agreed.
- Instructions regarding cremated remains are to be issued by the cremation applicant and remain their sole decision and ownership.
- We will update our website with the details of your funeral services. You will be asked your preferences with the information to be displayed.
- Donation Companies including our on-line charitable donation processing partner, make charges for use of their services. Further details of these services can be provided and can be found on their website. Please advise us if you wish to use their services.
- Any special offers however presented (including but not limited to, verbally, written, leaflet drop, virtually, perceived, etc.) will have a limited time of availability and may be amended or withdrawn without notice.